Tuesday 20 April 2010

Front Cover Photos

All of the following photos were taken under the Rainbow Walk tunnel in South Woodham Ferrers, where Graffiti is allowed, so is in abundance, and allowed me to get a good background for the picture, unlike my student magazine, in which i had to add in graffiti on photoshop. The photo is an image "DJ Sparky," the DJ i made up for the magazine, and I used my friend Ryan to play DJ Sparky in the photos. I used the turntable from the computer game "DJ Hero" for the DJ decs, and brought the table in from my house.

This was the photo that i stuck with for my front cover. I chose it because it clearly shows the genre of music that the DJ is into, with his hoodie, and the graffiti being shown clearly in the background, which tied in with the urban image of the music genre. The picture is also very easy to work around, with ample space allowed for the masthead, and room for plugs on both sides of the DJ.

This is my second favourite image out of all of the ones that were taken. It shows the funny and laidback nature of the DJ, and is a lot more eye catching than the one i eventually used. However, i felt that the image was ruined by the flash of the camera, which made it look too bright. Despite this, I eventually used it in my double page spread.

Again, this image was ruined by the flash of the camera, and the expression on Ryan's face looks uintentionally comical, which would ruin the coolman image of the DJ.



This was another image that was ruined by the flash, and Ryan's expression and pose looks a little bit too haggard, and reminded people of a gremlin like creature. This conflicted with the loud, charaismatic style of Drum & Bass, so i left it out.

Again, this image seems a little to heldback, like the one above.

Although this image looks quite good, and keeps the fun style of the DJ, whilst retaining it's seriousness, the photo was unfortunatley blurred whe Ryan moved his arm.


This photo, was evidently, ruined due to Ryan's facial expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment